The new Sandpiper All-Terrain / Beach Wheelchair glides smoothly over sand, grass/turf, mud, gravel, and small rocks. It is also the only purpose-built, pediatric chair on the market suitable for kids and small adults. Special Balloon Wheels by Wheeleez are soft and pliable facilitating use on beaches, trails, sports fields and other challenging terrain. Let Sandpiper open a world of accessibility for your adventures.
- All metal components are manufactured from 316L Stainless Steel with 600 # surface finished electropolished to a mirror surface, all tube 1.6mm wall thickness marine grade.
- Seat height of 500mm allows easy transfer of the patient from chair to chair.
- No special tools required to dismantle for transport, the use of 6.0mm drop nose pins and “R” clips make dismantle and reassembly effortless.
- A fully adjustable leg rest with padded hinge protectors, adjustable clamp handles with push pin allows handles to be re-positioned after clamping.
- New design, all stainless steel pivot armrests allow both arms rest to be raised for easy patient transfer.
- Sandpiper All Terrain Chair/ Beach Wheelchair rides over sand, snow, grass and gravel surfaces absorbing shocks for a smooth ride.
- Front castors have a Delrin bush with stainless steel bearings inserts to allow for a full 360-degree rotation to allow the Sandpiper All Terrain Chair/ Beach Wheelchair to turn in tight locations. The front forks are fitted with a quick release “R” pin to allow for dismantling for transport.
- The anti-tip / brake bar secures the chair in one procedure and is also fitted with a positive lock/release bar for added safety. The brake bar locks both rear wheels and when engaged prevents the Sandpiper from tipping over backward while making the chair stable for a safe patient transfer.
- All assembly pins are secured to the main frame with 40kg nylon coated stainless steel wire crimp clamped for added strength (note fitted to rear axle “R” clips).
- Low tire pressure reduces the risk of penetration of sharp objects and produces a very smooth and comfortable ride.
- Upholstery is manufactured in Marine Acrylic Canvas which is mold and rot resistant. The fabric is also saltwater resistant and U/V stable. Seating is fitted with quick release buckles for easy removal, i.e. cleaning etc.
- A lap belt is fitted to secure the patient to the chair. Additional Thoracic Belts, Head Rests etc. can be purchased if required.
- Adjustable seating tension, to assist skin conditions.
- Additional thoracic/ anterior trunk/ seating and head support compatible.
- Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) No. 191974
- 3 Year Warranty on Frame
- 24 Months Warranty on Wheels and Upholstery
- Seat width 360 mm, to suit up to 350mm hip width
- Seat height approx. 470 mm
Seat Depth: Seat back to hinge lever: 44cm
Seat Height: Seat to top of seat back: 51cm
- Length overall 1000 mm including footrest
- Maximum width of 840 mm
- Height from ground to top handles 1010 mm
- Front to rear wheels centers 350 mm
- Turning Circle: 75cm
- Weight assembled 20 Kg (approx)
- Front: 2 x Wheeleez wheels (24 x 4.8 cm)
- Rear: 2 x Wheeleez wheels(42 x 20cm)