The One-Way Straws have a unique valve built into the bottom of the straw that controls the flow of liquid – fluid flows up into the straw, but does not empty back into the cup. Because fluid stays at the top of the straw, less air is ingested and less effort is required for each sip. An individual can suck from the straw, or can be helped by “pumping” the fluid up the straw with the flexible lid. Simply cover the vent hole with your finger and press down several times until the liquid reaches the desired height. With the Sip-Tip, users tend to experience less coughing and choking while consuming more fluids.
- All parts are dishwasher-safe and available separately.
- Holds 8 ounces of liquid.
- Measures approximately 4.5″ tall with a 2″ diameter at the base and 3″ diameter at the top
- Not recommended for carbonated beverages
- Recommended for thin liquids (water, milk, juice without pulp, etc